Sunday, March 1, 2009
music.
When you hear the word "music", what do u really think about? Is it the rhythm, the beat, the lyrics(if there are any). Ive been wondering what really makes music special to people. As for me music is a way of expression. It's like poetry mixed with rhythms and sounds. Music can change a persons mood. To me lyrics are what makes it special. Anyone can take a bunch of words and rhyme them, put them together and call it a "Song". To me that means nothing. What makes someone a musician is the ability to put words together in a certain way, where it makes whoever who is listening to it feel it, and feel the mood the artist is trying to get across. All the words and rhymes put together should make someone think, and tell a story. Its an amazing way of expression, and it can be used to build upon. Dancers choose certain music because it lays down the foundation for they story they're expressing through dance. Take your favorite song, and actually read through the lyrics, after that you'll figure out why you actually like it. Try it
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hmm..when i think of the word "music" I think about the expression the artist is feeling. Music is a prt of my life. I cant go a day without listening to the lyrics and hearing that beat that gets me going. I agree with you that the lyrics are what makes the song special. When I listen to music I like to listen to the lyrics to see if I have a connection. I agree with everything. Music is a big part of our everyday life. I am going to try and read through the lyrics.
ReplyDeleteMusic is obviously a valid Humanities topic, but just "music" is too vague. You need to narrow something like this down to a specific category.
ReplyDeleteGrade: 2/4