Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Frida
I loved the movie “Frida”. Going into it I thought that this movie was going to be a boring biography, but it was the complete opposite. Her life was so interesting, and full with obstacles. This movie proved how strong of a woman Frida was. At such a young age she was so determined to be an artist, and she didn’t allow anything to get in her way. One thing that stood out to me about this movie was the way they portrayed her paintings, I absolutely LOVED it. They didn’t only show them, but they put them at the part of the movie where they were inspired by. Not only that, they animated them and that was able to give me more of a feeling about the painting. I find Frida very empowering to women. She wasn’t the typical woman, especially during her time, but she didn’t care. She found it very important to be strong and independent. After watching this, I’ve come to love Frida more of an artist because of how her paintings are like her diary; all of her feelings were poured out into them. The makers of this movie did such a wonderful job portraying her. Instead of this being a biography of her life, it seems as if it was an autobiography because it allows the audience to feel like they are in her diary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I like this reaction. It is real and full of emotion. And very late.
ReplyDeleteGrade: 3/4