Sunday, May 24, 2009

what is a wish?


Why do we as humans leave things up to chances, wishes, and hopes? Why do we seem to take these things so seriously? Wishing on a star, at 11:11, even blowing our own eyelashes away. We believe that these little superstitions can change our fate. We're all guilty of it. Guilty of wishing for the impossible, leaving something in the hands of this "higher power" who may not, or doesn't even exist. One should stop dwelling and wishing on something to happen. Just take action, do something that takes you a couple of steps closer to what you want. A flaw of humans is that many sit back and wait for their desires to be handed to them, instead of taking control.

5 comments:

  1. It's easier for people to wish and pray than take action. Some are either to lazy and others afraid. I must admit I am one of those people who wish on everything I can. Most of the time my wishes are for the things I can't control like long life, health and success. It's easier for me and gives me hope that the magical fairy who grants these wishes heard what I wished for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think people wish on certain things because it gives them that faith of something good can happen just by making a wish. I, too wish on the impossible sometimes.There are things that I wish for that I have to take action in order for me to grab it. It sorda gives me that hope that anything can happend and if you want something bad it will come.But then again, wishing on shooting star or wishing on 11:11 could just be superstitous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing is hoping. I know when i wish i am defeniatley counting on a "higher power" to grant my request. In wishing there are no expectations. I pefer to BELIEVE that something will happen and act on the faith i already have rather than desire it. There are things we can not control like health or success but those things also depend on the choices we make in life. Every choice has a consequence whether it be good or bad. I have to admit though, its always nice to think that if it is 11:11 or i do have an eye lash, that my wish could come true:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish all the time. If i try hard enough for something and i can't get it i just pray to God and ask him for it but it doesn't work that way all the time. Some people are lucky. Their wishes come true but some people have to work for it because wishes aren't just everything. Just like you said we don't know if there is a higher power that exists or notInstaed of being lazy and just making wishes we should actually take action.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think people wish for things at certin times or objects because it becomes routine. After so many years of blowing on dandelions and blowing out birthday candels, wishing becomes something you just do because there is nother else to do for that action. I personally know that wishes cannot be answered by wishing upon 11:11 but others do and who is anyone to tell someone there wrong for wanting to believe.

    ReplyDelete