Monday, February 23, 2009

a pictures worth a thousand words.

Ever since i was a child, i've heard the term "a picture's worth a thousand words". Is it true? I believe so. The art of Photography is amazing, especially the fact that its freezing a moment in time so even in 25 years you can re-live that moment. One picture can tell so many different stories, its all up to the imagination. I love photography because it's not only taking a picture. It captures mood,feeling,emotion,action,etc. There are many forms of art but photography is my favorite. It doesn't only involve what the photographer is trying to portray, but it also involves the feeling of the subject, whether its a person, a thing,or scenery every photo can give a different feeling. Me, being into fashion would have to say Nigel Barker has grown to be my favorite fashion photographer. I think its incredible how he takes fashion and gives it a whole new meaning in his photos. He takes the clothes, along w. the setting and shows a feeling of confidence the clothes are suppose to give the consumer. That answered my question, a picture IS most definitly worth a thousand words.

3 comments:

  1. A picture can be interpeted in many different ways."Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". i agree that the best way to capture emotion is through the essence of a picture. People develp different perceptions when looking at the same pieace of work. Thats the beauty of imagination. No two people think the same way. I sometimes look back at old photographs and reflect on what i felt at the time or where i was at the point in my life. If it wasnt for those pictures i dont think id be able to tap into those feelings. "A picture is worth a thousand words" dementrates a general idea that potrays the different veiws and emotions people sustain when looking at a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with what you are saying, and I agree when you say a "picture is worth a thousand words." Every person has their own interpretation of a picture, wether it's a painting, photograph or just a picture of something in the magazine. My outlook in photography is sometimes I am amazed at what the photographer actually caught in just one shot. Every person looks at things in different ways thats why we have so many photographers and artists, because if everyone thought the same no one would be an individual or famous for something they drawed, painted or took a picture of. It just amazes me how something just as simple as a picture can make someone feel inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course a pictures worth a thousands words. Photography is one of my favorite forms of art too. The power that one photo can hold is what amazes me the most. I love when a photo can challenge a previous conceptions of the subject that picture is on. One of my favorite photographers is Catherine Opie because her work blends the lines of identity. Her photos are provocative. I admire photographers because a great photo goes beyond the getting the technical aspects just right , one must also capture the heart of that moment which at times can be challenging.Do you plan on ever getting into photography?

    ReplyDelete